Monday, August 22, 2011

More cards! More walls! More office pr0n!

I stumbled across this article about home offices, home businesses, and it happened to be about people who put their work on the walls to inspire and organize.

This is not the Blake Snyder method by any means, no story structure or even story, because this is the office of the creator of Jars of Joy (a nifty gift idea).


And this wall belonging to a pr rep is what my wall would look like (and I'd like it!) if I weren't plotting on it.


Do your walls inspire you? Organize you? Are they full and busy or stark and clean?

What's your working style?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a wall board I got at Ikea, it's glass, extends about an inch out from the wall, you can write on it in dry erase markers if you wish, or clip papers to it. It tends to be very spare and neat but I do put things up on it, often I have a favorite photograph on it that just makes me feel good in the space.

[You thought I was going to say totally bare white walls didn't you Pooks?]

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

I so totally did! Okay, I have to have a picture when you get it set up.

Anonymous said...

You can see part of it in a photo on FB that is up, I am sending you the link.

Anonymous said...

Oh also, I should have said extends about a quarter inch away from the wall, or maybe half an inch? It's not a full inch.

PIsaacs said...

I really wish the neat freak in me would allow me to do this. I've tried but I always end up taking it down. I am jealous of those you who can do it and make it work.

Anonymous said...

Peggy, make some sort of designer corkboard for your wall and create something unexpected for your cards--different paper or cards or anything that brings you pleasure and looks creative rather than messy.