Monday, March 26, 2012

More advice on YA

So many of you are writing for Young Adult markets these days I wanted to share a link to Steven Piziks' Book View Cafe post on teens and texting. He's the father of teenagers and writes YA fiction, which gives his advice a double-whammy of weight on this subject.

Snippet: 
Whether we adults think this is a bad idea or not DOESN’T MATTER.  The teens themselves like it that way.  If you thinks it’s dreadful, that’s fine, but KEEP IT OUT OF YOUR WRITING.  You’ll alienate your teen readers, who’ll feel like you’re lecturing them about the evils of texting.

Steve's most recent book, The Doomsday Vault: A Novel of the Clockwork Empire.  



I also want to take this opportunity to apologize to those who were signed up for the Blueprinting class. My scheduling issues caught me by surprise, and I am very sorry not to be able to teach further this  spring.  I had looked forward to it.

See you in the autumn, I hope!

No comments: