Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Mastering your domain...

[source of image, more good info here]



In classes I've advised students to secure their own domain name--preferably the name under which they want to publish--as soon as possible. There is no need to develop a site until you have a book to market, but having the domain ready is certainly a big step in the right direction.

Duolit is a great site with information for those who are self-publishing. But even if you are going the traditional route you'll find lots of information there, including these three articles:

Better Author Branding Through Domain Registration: Part One

Better Author Branding Through Domain Registration: Part Two

I Registered My Domain: Now What?

Great information in detail, clear and easy to follow.

I've been contemplating a remake of my own site for a year or longer, but can't make up my mind what kinds of changes I want to make.

Do you have any author sites you particularly like visually? For the content? For another reason? What are they?

No comments: