Sunday, November 20, 2011

Recently tweeted writing tips



Here are a few good writing articles I picked up from twitter this week:

Five good editing tips for that rewrite

How to write a 7-paragraph synopsis

25 reasons a reader will keep reading your book

10 Commandments of writing

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban script breakdown

My favorite tip of the week comes from the 10 Commandments:

2. Thou Shalt write passionate first drafts
           
Don't edit yourself during your first drafts. The writing of it is partly an act of discovering your story, even if you outline. Write hot. Put your heart into it. Let your writer's mind run free. I edit my previous day's work and then move on. At 20k words I "step back" to see if I have a solid foundation, shore it up if I don't, then move on to the end. There's magic in momentum.


As always I remain--

Pooks, braving the twitter so that you don't have to.


No comments: