Monday, September 22, 2014

Your first draft...

I teach this concept. In fact, I just mentioned it to class last Monday night.  I'd lost track of where I first heard it, though. And this made me go, of course.

Sir Terry Pratchett. He is a 'Sir' because the Queen of England knighted him for his magnificent fantasy writing.





For the record, many people recommended his work to me but I just didn't get it, couldn't get into it, until I was told that not only did I not have to read them in order, but that the better entry points were later in the series.  For the further record, these are a few of my faves so far:


The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents (Discworld Book 28)

Monstrous Regiment (Discworld Book 31)

Mort (Discworld Book 4) 

There are 40 Discworld books so far, and I am savoring them slowly, because Sir Terry is ill and, well, there you go. I love that there are so many for us to enjoy. What a brilliant, brilliant man.


 

 

 

No comments: