Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Practical Meerkat’s 52 Bits of Useful Info for Young (and Old) Writers

This is the writing book I've been waiting for!



If you look at the bottom of my sidebar you'll find Practical Meerkat linked from last year, when Laura Anne Gilman--novelist, short story writer, editor, industry pro--wrote a weekly series of advice to writers mined from her experiences and those she's observed.  It's all there still, free for the reading.

What kind of subjects does she tackle?

Writing is a craft. Publishing is a business. Today’s world requires you to understand both.

A year’s worth of first-hand advice from the popular “Practical Meerkat” series, including:

  • Knowing When Not to Complain (and how to do it)
  • Bar Schmoozing with the Big Dogs (even if you don’t drink)
  • Dealing with a Difficult Editor/Agent
  • and 49 more!

I'm buying and downloading the ebook so I can have it all together at my fingertips.  I don't buy a lot of writing books any more, but I'm buying this one--and it's only $2.99.




No comments: