Thursday, May 03, 2012

"Did I ever tell you about the time I threw up a ball of grease?"

"Did I ever tell you about the time I threw up a ball of grease? I think I did.  It’s a good story.  I’ll tell it again."

That, ladies and gents, boys and girls, is a hook. That is not only a hook; it's a hell of a hook.

It has nothing to do with why I am now coming out from the other side of a surgical procedure where all went well, all is well, and now (knock wood) all will be well.  It has nothing to do with me canceling my spring class. (Sorry about that, again.)

But how could I not use that hook?

It's one reason why I love  this blog, this The Art of Doing Stuff blog. Her voice. Her style. Her energy.

And boy, does that girl know how to hook.

Another happy hooker is Bad Mama Genny.

Her hooks are often her titles.  Seriously, can you pass up, I Didn’t Give Hitler a Hysterectomy This Weekend, But It Wasn’t For Lack of Trying?

Yes, these are blogs, not books. 

But let's take this as an exercise from Pooks this week. Pretend I am teaching instead of lolling in luxury like the crack ho queen of hydrocodone.  
your friendly crack ho queen of hydrocodone
Are you with me?
Reply in a comment with an outrageous hook, one that will make us want to keep reading even if it's through split fingers, watching a train wreck happen.

Who's on first?

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

Did I tell you about the diamond pin a guy offered me at the bar?

Turns out it was a dime thread on a safety pin...and he was a balloon clown. True story and I still have the pin.

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Of course you do! Who could give that up?