Monday, May 28, 2012

Here she comes talking YA again.

Yes, because this is an excellent article that links to another excellent article on censorship in Young Adult literature. Someone thinks it's a good idea to start rating them, like movies are rated.  Here are a few thoughtful responses about why it's not a good idea.

Start here with the best selling author Kiersten White (who has a new book coming out with a cover so gorgeous I could just spit), and follow the breadcrumbs as you wish.

Also, bonus!  As I've mentioned before, I don't write short stories.  But I know many of you are interested in them, and this is a wonderful article by the late Marian Zimmer Bradley that is as applicable today as it was when she wrote it. If you want to know, "What is a short story?" this is your link.

And speaking of head shots... if you missed it on planetpooks, I wrote some practical advice about them. You might need one for a website or blog, or for your book! For press releases. For... inspiration? Anyway, if you want my thoughts on the matter, try reading this.

And finally, I hope you're finding fabulous books to read this spring, and are writing fabulous books of your own.

Keep going!


No comments: