Monday, May 14, 2012

Tips from the Pros

I ran across this extensive collection of writing advice from fifty-seven professional writers and wanted to share.

I particularly love this:

Erica Jong–who in Seducing the Demon defined a writer as “someone who takes the universal whore of language and turns her into a virgin again”, and who created compelling female characters such as Isadora Wing and Fanny Hackabout-Jones–tells us that she writes to get her life down on paper so that it can never be extinguished. She also writes to keep from going mad.

So much that I am now adding her book to my pile of writing books.

Delicious.

I also have a new writers' quote to add to my rotating signature line for email.

Have a GREAT week, peeps! And let me know how you're doing!

Erica Jong



No comments: