Sunday, February 16, 2014

Local DFW Writers--READ THIS

Next Friday-Saturday-Sunday is ConDFW.  You may think this doesn't interest you. You may be WRONG.

Why? Because this is one of the most economical cons you will attend. It's not all about writing, but there is enough about writing to make the $45 3-day pass a bargain.

I've been going over their schedule and am finding much that is of interest to writers who don't write SFF so let me point out some presentations that you might want to see.

Dealing with Distractions
Self-editing Err0rs
Selling Yourself for Fun and Profit
Historical Warfare: Writing Realistic Combat
Crime Scene Investigation: Trends in Mystery
Is the Pen Mightier Than the Foot? Writing Martial Arts
History and the Usage of the Bow
Don't Quit Your Day Job
ePublishing and You
How to Use Your Villain
Researching the Past: Creating Historical Fiction
Predicting the Near Future [writing fiction set in the next 25 years and how to present technology]
How to Create a Sequel
Publishing Pitfalls: The Science of the Contract
Writing and Collaborating
World-building and when to Stop
Creating Maps
Young Adult vs New Adult
Escape from the Slush Pile
Tips and Tricks for Aspiring Authors
Social Media Marketing

I may have missed something.

I will be autographing my westerns at 1:00 and reading from my new book at 2:00 on Sunday and there will be cookies at both events! If you see me anywhere please stop me and say hi and maybe even take a selfie!


2 comments:

Billye Johnson said...

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I will share it with my FB page and all my writer lists. This is a great deal.

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Thanks, Billye!