Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An unnatural desk.

So, Max [extraordinary screenwriter and teacher, follow that link for the best courses ever] supplied this information about her desk/office space in comments to a previous post.

I have a wall board I got at Ikea, it's glass, extends about an inch out from the wall, you can write on it in dry erase markers if you wish, or clip papers to it. It tends to be very spare and neat but I do put things up on it, often I have a favorite photograph on it that just makes me feel good in the space.

[You thought I was going to say totally bare white walls didn't you Pooks?]


And now she has graciously supplied us with a picture of her desk as described:



And here is her new desk.


Unnaturally pristine, but then, it takes all kinds.

And to reassure myself over my own slovenly ways, here is Einstein's desk and wall:


Are you a Max or an Albert?



6 comments:

pajamashift said...

Isn't there something in between? I'm working on an old desk surrounded by a digital camera, a coupon case and yesterday's opened mail. But there's no dead skunk under the desk or takeout wrappers covered in mayo. What gives?

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Prove there are no dead skunks or takeout wrappers covered in mayo.

Send a pic.

PIsaacs said...

I think I am somewhere in between depending on my mood. Sometimes I simply cannot work with any clutter at all; other times (like right now) it looks like a bomb has gone off and I've forgotten what my desk looks like.

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

If I can't work without cleaning up first, it's invariably a sign that I'm blocked. One of two things happens. I clean my desk until I finally sit and accept that even clean, I'm blocked. Or, more likely, I go to Starbucks or On the Border and try to break through whatever is stopping me.

When the muse is whispering in my hear, no clutter stands in my way.

Kitty said...

I'm closer to a Max desk than an Einstein.

Anonymous said...

Well, as I said, it takes all kinds! Ha!